Homeland - R.A. Salvatore I read this book when I was about 16, and I'm rereading it for the first time as a so-called grownup.

Hmm-- I have mixed feelings about this.

There are several glaring things that bother me. One is in the book's description on goodreads. It ends with the words "Drizzt Do'Urden (TM)" ... umm... does the Trademark bother anyone else?

Another is the fact that this book could've been rolled straight out of a D&D session... Too many of Drizzt's adventures seem like they could've been rolled out with 20-sided die and the DM's guide.
now, I'm not a huge D&D player-- I played a handful of times as a teenager, but to anyone who isn't a big D&D nerd, I'd highly recommend NOT reading the author's introduction.. it makes the book sound less like a legitimate work of fiction and more like a promotional tool for TSR.

Another is the author somehow has created characters that are infected with the incredibly-stupid disease... some (spoiler-laden) examples:

First of all, is Drizzt so stupid as to not understand his own culture... "wait, Drow elves are cold-blooded murderers?" says the 35-year old Drizzt incredulously.... um, yes. any casual reader figured that out by about page 3.

Also, how on earth can someone (Alton DeVir) kill someone and impersonate them for THIRTY YEARS and not bother to learn their LAST NAME... how stupid could you possibly be? You know, he's probably getting a phone bill in the dude's name, and signing his checks... he oughtta at least know one or two facts about the guy...

...there were several other examples, but those two were most salient.

Anyways, for its flaws, the book brings up some legitimate character development (or at least implies it) in the characters of Zak, Drizzt, and Vierna, and it ended up being more of a page-turner than I remember it being when I was 16.

Also, another complaint--- what font is this book printed in? It's ok for titles and tough to read in large blocks. I also remember that from the last time I read this.